This course will introduce students to theoretical, practical and ethical issues involved in conducting and assessing primarily qualitative research in peace and conflict settings.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Explain theoretical, practical and ethical issues related to conducting research in peace and conflict settings;
- Critically analyze the validity of methodology and hence research findings presented in secondary sources;
- Develop a research plan for a study related to peace and conflict;
- Understand research requirements and resources at Saint Paul University;
- Understand and apply a variety of different qualitative research methods; and,
- Identify sources of additional information when they encounter challenges in the research process.