This is an invition to join Rights of Women’s ‘Women’s Migration and Asylum Network’. The network will exist primarily as virtual ‘e-group’ with occasional seminars and events being organised as and where necessary. The objectives of the Women’s Migration and Asylum Network are to:
* facilitate communication between and strengthen the understanding of network members on legal and policy issues that effect migrant and asylum-seeking women;
* improve the participation of network members in the legal and policy formation process;
* positively influence law and policy that affects migrant and asylum-seeking women;
* promote gender equality and work towards the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of gender, as well as discrimination against women where it intersects with age, disability, gender identity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any combination thereof; and,
* to promote the human rights of all women in the UK.
The Network will focus on improving gender equality in relation to the following thematic areas:
* economic migration;
* family migration (including family formation and reunion);
* settlement and routes to citizenship;
* violence against women issues (including trafficking);
The network is open to individuals and representatives from:
* charities, not-for-profit and voluntary organisations working on migration or asylum issues and / or women’s or other equality issues;
* statutory sector organisations;
* individuals involved in immigration law and policy issues (such as activists, academics and legal professionals).
The terms of reference for the group can be downloaded from here www.rightsofwomen.org.uk/current.php,if you are interested in joining please email email@example.com with ‘join the Women’s Migration and Asylum Network’ in the subject line and with your full name and organisation / affiliation. The creation and facilitation of the Network has been made possible by Unbound Philanthropy.
Please send all replies to: firstname.lastname@example.org